Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Selling Yourself

I mentioned in a past post that Joe Konrath's blog, "A Newbie's Guide to Self-Publishing", has been an inspiration and motivation.  Joe also stresses writing as a business, as well as a craft; a writer must market and promote his own work, particularly the self-published or "Indie" writer.

In the spirit of that, I've expanded my social media in to Twitter (@stephenmholak), and am preparing to launch a public Facebook page as well.  I've also responded to several Kindle board requests for author interviews and guest blogs, so those will be coming out in the next few weeks or months and will hopefully boost sales.

A short story has little earning potential,and it may seem a waste of time and energy now to promote both myself and the story before I have longer works ready for publication; but I'm of a mindset that the habits should be ingrained now, at the beginning of this career, and it's never too early to gain exposure or experiment with building a fanbase.


No comments:

Post a Comment