Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Submission Time

I finished polishing a 6700 word short story, "A Fairy for Bin Laden," yesterday afternoon and submitted it to Fantasy Magazine.

It only took them a day to reject it; I did notice that they use a form letter: the content was identical to a rejection from a month or so ago of the first story I had the nerve to submit for publication.

It's a nice and gentle rejection letter, all in all.

Within the hour, I turned around and submitted it for Clarkesworld consideration.

I keep telling myself that all writers have been rejected, from J.K Rowling to Hemingway; I just need to have faith in myself and stay level-headed and persistent.

A new story is in the works, about a female assassin with deadly nanotech in her blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment